Free shipping on orders over $150
Lacoste Polo Shirt Care Guide
How to wash, dry, iron and fold your Lacoste polo shirt's. The simple ritual for an eternal polo shirt.
1. Machine Wash
Cleaning polo shirts is easy. The polo shirt is compatible with your usual detergent, machine wash it with your laundry.
- Before wearing polo shirts for the first time and for all future washes, choose a short cycle at 30°
- Don’t add any fabric softener when cleaning polo shirts. It won’t give any suppleness to your polo and can even damage the fibres.
- How to wash your white polo shirt: It is best to wash light coloured or white polo shirt with similar light colours to avoid any colour bleeding. It is fine to wash your white polo shirts in a machine wash.
- Forget hand washing that doesn’t allow for precise control of temperature, washing time or detergent concentration and risks damaging your polo shirt.
- Should you dry clean polo shirts? You can certainly dry clean polo shirts, but there shouldn't be any need to. Good polo care can be achieved by following the polo shirt washing instructions below.
2. Easy Drying
Petit Piqué cotton is a mesh that loves freedom, allow it to air dry.
- Place your polo shirt, over a clothesline or a drying rack, from well under the sleeves.
- To gain time in ironing, dry your polo on a hanger (preferably plastic to avoid damage to the shape of the shoulders). This naturally reduces wrinkling.
- Avoid clothes pegs that can stretch, deform or mark the item of clothing.
- Your polo shirt does not appreciate machine drying. For it and the planet, banish the tumble dryer.
3. Delicate Ironing
Enjoy the comfortable sensation of putting on a smooth, impeccable polo.
- By following the above drying advice, you shouldn’t need to iron your polo shirt.
- If, however, you like to put on a polo shirt still warm from ironing, use your iron on a low to medium heat (cotton, wool and viscose). When ironing polo shirts, always use the lowest heat setting.
- Iron your polo shirt inside out to limit any potential white traces.
Those little actions that change everything.
How do you remove a stain from your polo shirt?
To remove a stain from your polo shirt: gently pat the stained area cold on both sides of the item of clothing with Marseille soap detergent and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Button up before machine washing polo shirt to retain garment shape.
How do you fold a polo shirt?
- For successful folding, place the polo shirt flat, fold the two sides equally with the sleeves on top.
- Bring the bottom up to the collar.
- Lightly pull on the four corners to get rid of any little wrinkles. Put it on top of a pile on a shelf or in your suitcase.
For a polo shirt that is always impeccable: simply store it on a hanger.