Free shipping on orders over $150
Lacoste's Shoe Care Guide
Follow our shoe care guide to preserve the quality and appearance of your Lacoste shoes and sneakers.
Lacoste Suede Shoe and Sneaker Care Guide
What is suede shoe?
Suede is a type of fuzzy leather with a napped finish. Suede shoes are made from the underside of the animal skin, which is softer and more pliable than the outer skin layer.
How to take care of suede shoes?
Follow the steps below to properly take care of your Lacoste suede shoes.
- Use a suede brush or block to remove the dirt or stains on your shoes.
- Moisturize the suede so that the colour and lustre is restored.
- When the suede is dry again, spray an even layer of impermeable / waterproof spray on the shoes.
If the stains persist, you can use a selection of suede detergent to wash them away.
Lacoste Textile Shoe and Sneaker Care Guide
What is textile fabric?
Textile fabrics are a flexible material consisting of a network of natural or artificial fibres (yarn or thread). Yarn is produced by spinning raw fibres of wool, flax, cotton, hemp, or other materials to produce long strands. Textiles are formed by weaving, knitting, crocheting, knotting or tatting, felting, or braiding.
How to take care of your textile shoe?
To properly take care of your textile shoe, follow the steps below:
- Brush your shoes gently using a shoe brush or tooth brush.
- Use, if needed, a shampoo designed for textile for a more in-depth cleanse.
- Spray a thin layer with impermeable spray, and let dry.
Avoid running textile shoes in the washing machine, to optimize their longevity.
Lacoste Leather Shoe and Sneaker Care Guide
What is leather?
Leather is a natural durable and flexible material created by tanning animal rawhides and skins.
How do you care for leather lacoste shoes?
- Make sure that your shoes are dry before you remove dust or dirt with a shoe brush.
- If the dirt persists, clean the leather by wiping it with a cloth dipped in soap and water.
- Apply leather cream to restore the beautiful and original appearance: shiny look and soft feel.
- Spray a thin layer with waterproof spray. Dry. Repeat.
If the outer surface of your footwear gets wet, we recommend that you air dry your leather shoes in a cool, dry environment and away from direct heat. Make sure you do not spray the beaded or metallic leather area, to maintain its shine.
Lacoste Canvas Shoe and Sneaker Care Guide
What is Canvas?
It is an extremely durable plain-woven fabric usually made of cotton or linen, along with polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
How to clean canvas shoes?
- Make sure the shoes are dry, and shake off as much excess dust and dirt as you can.
- Remove the laces and wash them separately.
- Fill a bucket with warm water, and add about 15-30ml of mild laundry detergent.
- Hold each shoe above the bucket and scrub the outside, including the soles, with a brush or a sponge.
- Gently dip the shoes in the water to wash off the dirt and continue scrubbing. Avoid submerging the shoes entirely.
- Rinse your shoes with warm, clean water.
- Use a cloth or a towel to squeeze any excess water from the shoes.
- Stuff your shoes with paper or similar to preserve their shape.
- Leave the shoes to dry in the sun –if possible, or in warm, dry place indoors, away from any direct heat source.